Monday, January 25, 2010

Salmon Noodle casserole

So there was some Salmon donated to the house, or rather discovered in the freezer that no one seemed to know anything about, either way, main ingredient.
I was just gonna do Rice or Quinoa, but then I saw this guy at the Farmer's Market selling homemade Pasta. Then I remembered my mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole from when I was a kid. So I thought I'd give it a try, with a couple substitutions.

Gather Ingredients.
Sweet Red Pepper, Serrano Pepper, Broccoli, Kale, Asparagus, Garlic, Mushrooms, Noodles.

Chop Ingredients.
Put in bowl. Or pot if all mixing bowls are dirty or being used.

Season.
Also doing the Vegan Alfredo recipe; Nutritional Yeast & Coconut Milk.

Mix.
Yes, like that.

I added a bit of Oat Milk so it wouldn't be so dry, ya know need enough liquid for the Noodles.

Set oven, by the way, to 420 or so before this point.
Put Salmon in casserole dish.

Cover Salmon with Veggies.

Cover and Bake for 35-45 minutes.

35-45 minutes later, here we are.

Give it a taste test.

Hm. The Noodles are weird.
It's not baaad... but it's not that great either.
I probably didn't add enough liquid. I could have also pre-cooked the Noodles a bit.

It's still edible though.

Enjoy with a stiff drink.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Cape Town.
    What do you mean casual cooking? That looks GOURMET!
    Thanks for sharing.
    I will be back for more.
    http://juztick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete